Security is the word on everyone's lips but what can you really do with the analytics data behind it? A new survey from SANS has revealed how organisations are putting that data to work.
Firstly there's threat detection, prevention and response programs. 88% of organisations use analytics in their prevention programs, 89% in their detection programs and 86% in response programs.
Only 21% were ‘highly confident' their organisations were effectively using security analytics and intelligence solutions.
Machine learning is also an up-and-coming area. Only 22% of respondents use tools that incorporate machine learning.
There's also automation, although complete automation has a fair way to go yet. Only 4% consider their analytics capabilities to be fully automated.
Sponsored by LogRhythm, the SANS 2016 Security Analytics Survey can show you:
- The top reasons organisations gather data, including application information to security intelligence feeds
- How organisations integrate security intelligence data with SIEM systems
- The stats behind why organisations find analytics tools and capabilities valuable in their detection and response
- Actionable benefits and uses for security analytics
- The top areas for future security analytics investment, such as personnel, automated mitigation solutions for bad known threats and managed security service providers