BeyondTrust updates remote access solution
FYI, this story is more than a year old
BeyondTrust, a global provider of privileged access management (PAM), today announced the release of Privileged Remote Access 19.1, formerly Bomgar Privileged Access.
Privileged Remote Access provides control over privileged remote access giving legitimate users the specific access without giving them a VPN.
The new release introduces capabilities for integrating with third-party solutions to simplify workflows and increase security, as well as additional deployment options.
In addition, the release features new design elements.
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access provides visibility and control over third-party vendor access, as well as internal remote access, enabling organisations to extend access to important assets without compromising security.
With Privileged Remote Access as part of a complete PAM solution, users can automate vendor provisioning/de-provisioning, while adding a layer of advanced credential security and fine-grained access management in one leading PAM solution.
Version 19.1 includes the following enhancements:
- Additional Deployment Options - The appliance is now available on Amazon Web Services (AWS). For customers with an initiative to move to the cloud, the new AWS deployment option provides increased flexibility.
- Password Injection with Password Safe - Enables users to use privileged passwords without ever seeing or knowing them, providing an integrated approach to secure third-party vendor access.
- macOs Mojave Support: The macOS Representative Console and Customer Client now fully support macOS Mojave, including changes to the new security requirements of Mojave.
- Atlas Cluster Technology designed for large-scale geographical deployments - With Atlas, customers use a single site across multiple appliances, referred to as nodes, in a cluster. Atlas enables administrators to manage multiple appliances across the globe from one place.
- Access Console Enhancements - Enhancements to the Access Console improve usability, such as remembering the last security provider used for login, saving column layout changes and adding a new field indicating the last time a computer was rebooted.
“The number of privileged users and accounts is growing exponentially, and credentials are often being granted or shared in uncontrolled ways without any audit trail,” says BeyondTrust product management director Tal Guest.
“In addition, most organisations lack visibility into what their vendors are doing when they access their network, despite the increasing risks of cyber-attacks related to third-party access. With Privileged Remote Access, organisations can control vendor access via granular, role-based session parameters, manage and secure insider access and audit privileged user activity to meet audit and compliance requirements.”