TechDay's 10 Minute IT Jams provide sharp, to-the-point insights into emerging and established technology companies that operate in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yubico was founded in 2007 with one mission: To make secure logins easy and affordable for everyone.
The company is well known for its hardware security keys called Yubikeys, which offer one-time authentication with one touch and no client software.
Yubico believes in a passwordless future - but what does that mean, and is it really possible?
We speak to Yubico Australia and New Zealand vice president Geoff Schomburgk.
In this video, Geoff discusses:
- What Yubico offers organisations in Australia and New Zealand
- The problem with passwords and their risks
- What passwordless authentication is and why it's better
- What's wrong with using a password manager
- If the passwordless future is a reality now, or whether it's still a long way off.