Why User Behaviour Analytics are the secret weapon in your security strategy
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Imagine this: Someone who logs in to their bank account may check their balances and funds. Compare this to what a cyber hacker would do: log in, edit account records and wire money.
If there are multiple VPN sessions from a foreign country at 2am, but nobody is travelling and employees only log in from their local office at 8am – alarm bells should be ringing.
These are vastly different behaviour patterns – and LogRhythm has provided a way to set up alerts when this type of thing happens. It’s called User Behaviour Analytics (UBA).
A new peer-written white paper, sponsored by LogRhythm, takes a look at how user behaviour analytics can really make the difference in your security protocols.
Titled CISOs Investigate: User Behavior Analytics – Peer-authored research, this firsthand look into UBA shows you:
- What UBA is, how it works, and the key things you should consider
- How to sell UBA to the C-Suite, reduce losses from breaches, staff implications and compliance
- What UBA looks like in the market, including UBA vendors such as LogRhythm
- What happens when UBA doesn’t work
- Exclusive contributions from top CEOs, including IBM’s global CISO, David Cass