Scale Computing integrates Acronis services into HC3 platform
Edge computing specialists Scale Computing and cybersecurity firm Acronis have formed an OEM partnership, which brings enhanced cybersecurity and backup offerings to Scale Computing customers.
The Scale Computing HC3 platform will now include Acronis Backup, which will deliver data protection, disaster recovery, and threat mitigation.
The company says that many H3C users deploy extra backup, protection and recovery solutions so that they can utilise other types of storage, extending existing storage investments in NAS or SAN, or use advanced data protection features that are not available on HC3.
However, the integration of Acronis Backup means HC3 customers don't have to deploy any additional solutions or services.
“Faced with ever-increasing volumes of data along with the growing threat of ransomware and other malware, IT professionals are under tremendous pressure to protect everything while ensuring production systems aren't impacted,” says Acronis Americas vice president and general manager, Pat Hurley.
“The good news is that protecting your organisation's data doesn't have to be difficult. With Acronis Backup on Scale Computing HC3, organisations gain a fast, scalable cyber protection solution that won't consume their limited IT budgets.
Acronis Backup on Scale Computing HC3 ensures that data is safe, and mission-critical business applications are available, by enabling users to proactively prevent, or recover quickly from disasters, with capabilities such as:
- Long-term retention for data archival – Backups can be stored on inexpensive storage for long-term retention to meet regulatory compliance
- Acronis Active Protection – An integrated anti-ransomware defense powered by machine learning (ML) models that proactively detects and stops ransomware attacks and automatically recovers any affected files, including those on network shares and removable devices
- Full bare-metal system recovery – Accelerates recovery speeds up to twice as fast with the ability to restore a backup image to a machine that doesn't have a preinstalled OS
- Acronis Universal Restore – Simplifies the recovery of an entire system to the same or dissimilar hardware, or virtual machine, by using smart technology that automatically detects boot requirements
- Granular recovery – Enables individuals to search for and restore specific files or folders without having to recover full databases or systems
Scale Computing notes that Acronis Backup on HC3 protects almost all supported VM operating systems on the Scale Computing HC3 platform and can granularly backup and restore individual VMs up to and including the entire system.
Acronis Backup can store backup data in a wide range of storage locations, including HC3 virtual disks, existing NAS/SAN, and public clouds.
Acronis Backup is available for purchase from Scale Computing today.